The Deanship of Graduate Studies at King Fahd University of Petroleum and Minerals (KFUPM) is pleased to invite your attention that application to Graduate Studies at KFUPM is now open online from the link http://www.kfupm.edu.sa/deanships/dgs/Pages/preonline.aspx
KFUPM provides *full MS and PhD scholarships*for distinguished graduate applicants who demonstrate high potential for conducting original research in the fields of Engineering, Sciences and Business.
*Distinguished Partnership of KFUPM with International Institutions*
KFUPM has very strong collaborative partnership on conducting innovative research with the following international institutions:
MIT:*Clean Water and Clean Energy.
Georgia Institute of Technology (Georgia Tech): *Geo-signal
Processing and Smart Grids.
Stanford:*Oil, Gas and Geosciences.
California Institute of Technology (Caltech):*Petrochemicals and
Technical University of Munich:*Refining and Petrochemicals.
Cambridge University:*Oil and Gas.
National University of Singapore*:**Refining and Petrochemicals
KAUST:* Many research disciplines in Engineering and Sciences.
Saudi Aramco. (the largest oil company worldwide):* Many research
SABIC(one of the leading petrochemical companies worldwide):*
Refining, Petrochemical and Polymers.
To provide extreme support for research in areas of excellence, KFUPM has established National Centers for Research Excellence in the following areas:
* KFUPM-MIT Collaboration Center on Clean Water and Clean Energy
* Nanotechnology (http://www.kfupm.edu.sa/cent/).
* Renewable Energy (http://corere.kfupm.edu.sa/).
* Refining and Petrochemicals (http://core-prp.kfupm.edu.sa/).
* Corrosion (http://www2.kfupm.edu.sa/corec/
* Transformative Research in Petrochemicals and
* Maintenance (http://se.ikfupm.com/department/ce/ceim/
* Supply Chain Management (http://se.ikfupm.com/department/ce/cescm/
* Carbon Capture and Sequestration. (http://www3.kfupm.edu.sa/CCS/)
The Research Institute is the cornerstone of applied research activities at KFUPM, solving critical scientific and technical problems as well as working on turning knowledge into practice. More details are available on the website of the Research Institute at the link: http://www.kfupm.edu.sa/ri/
DTV currently hosts the largest assembly of the R&D centers of international service companies related to oil, gas and petrochemical industry. The presence of the DTV international R&D centers boosts the industry-related research activities and make KFUPM research more relevant to industry. The following companies are present as of now, and many others to join soon:
Along with the online application information, mandatory documents need to be uploaded before *Feb. 28, 2017. *The upload section is a part of the online application.
*Mandatory documents for application (without which application will not be processed)*
* Copy of identification (Passport for international applicants /
National ID for Saudi nationals / Iqama for residents of Saudi Arabia).
* Complete official transcripts for BS degree (*_and_* MS degree if
applying to PhD).
* Statement-of-Purpose (a one-page essay focusing on career and
research goals at KFUPM).
* Recommendation Letters from academic referees through the online
recommendation system after submitting the online application.
* Certificates for BS degree (*_and_* MS degree if applying to PhD) if
* GMAT score (for international MBA applicants).
*Other supporting documents (needed for final decision)*
* *TOEFL*score (min. is 68 /i/BT for MS and 79 /i/BT for PhD) or
*IELTS* score (min. is 6 for MS and 6.5 for PhD).
* Acceptable *GRE General* score (min. Quant. is 156, min. Analytical
Writing is 4.0).
* Upon approval, original/certified copies of degree certificate(s)
and transcript(s) are to be sent through postal mail.
* Deadline for submitting the online application and uploading
mandatory documents is *Feb. 28, 2017*.
* Deadline for recommendation letters to be received via the online
recommendation system is *Mar. 07, 2017.*
We wish you the best in your endeavor.
Deanship of Graduate Studies
P.O. Box 5055
King Fahd University of Petroleum and Minerals (KFUPM)