The American Society of Heating, Refrigerating and Air-Conditioning Engineers (ASHRAE) Northern Pakistan Chapter members Mr. Usman Tariq Chughtai, President; Mr. Shabab Qamer, President Elect; Mr. Mohammad Raiz Baig, CTTC Chair; Mr. Ather Naseem Siddiqui, Student Activities Chair; Mr. Mubashar Ahmed, Past President visited CUI Wah Campus on December 1, 2021. The Director Campus, Prof. Dr. Muhammad Abid,T.I, welcomed the guests. The Director Campus gave presentation about CUI Wah Campus vision, infrastructure, and services to the community through high quality education, research, outreach, and public service both in engineering and sciences disciplines. Head of the Departments also attended the joint session and shared their valuable inputs and showed interests to join hands with the industrial partners.
AHRAE team members applauded the role of CUI Wah campus and appreciated the state-of-the-art labs and facilities available in DME and other departments. After detailed deliberations related to industry-academia liaison, it was decided to;
1. Proceed to strengthen CUI Wah campus library with the support of ASHRAE NPC and PHAVCR related industry and setup ASHRAE Section/Corner dedicated with HVACR related books, magazines, standards, and others material available for use and references by academia and industry in the country.
2. Send students for internships to gain hands on training from the PHAVCR industry to develop their interests and to do research in this very needy area.
3. Offer introductory seminars related to HVACR and offer seminars and workshops through continued professional development (CPD) activity by the industrial partners through regular planner developed jointly by CUI Wah and ASHRAE NPC.
4. Regularly arrange industrial visits of students to industries related to design, manufacturing, operations and processes to have real world HVACR equipment and environment exposures.
5. Provide a pilot scale project for the solarization of one of the academic blocks by ASHRAE NPC and PHAVCR industrial partners as a demonstration lab where students can be trained for future industrial engineers.
6. Plan to start 4 years degree program related to HVACR as is offered in US and other countries.
President ASHRAE NPC and other team members acknowledged the efforts of Director Campus and his team for inviting them to CUI Wah Campus and providing an excellent opportunity to know, how academia is now playing their role and emphasized more interactive sessions on regular basis to benefit mutually from each other expertise and facilities. Director Campus appreciated the positivity and all possible support to be extended by Mr. M. Usman Tariq Chughtai and all team members. Members of the ASHRAE CUI Wah Chapter also welcomed the whole team and interacted and planned some activities in near future. Mr. Ather Siddiqui mentioned about the opportunity of funding available for the projects and encouraged students and faculty to avail.
The visit ended with a vote of thanks followed by a campus visit.
View Photo Gallery