The EMBO Long-Term Fellowships are awarded for a period of up to two years and support post-doctoral research visits to laboratories throughout Europe and the world. International exchange is a key feature in the application process. EMBO Long-Term Fellowships.
Host Institution(s): European Molecular Biology Organisation (EMBO)
Course Level: Postdoc and PhD Fellows
Subject(s): Various research area
The stipend is a subsistence allowance and is intended to cover the cost of living in the host country. The stipend rate depends on the country being visited and might be subject to taxation. We cannot advise on respective national tax regulations and we recommend fellows to contact the relevant authorities in the host country.
· Applicants must hold a doctorate degree or equivalent at the start of the fellowship.
· Applicants who already hold a PhD degree at the time of application are eligible to apply only if they obtained their PhD degree during the two years prior to the date the application is complete.
· Applicants must have at least one first author publication accepted in or published in an international peer reviewed journal at the time of application.
· All applications must involve movement between countries (detailed information about mobility requirements is listed in guidelines).
· Applications to go to the country in which the PhD was obtained will not be considered.
· Applications to return to a laboratory where the candidate has worked in the past for more than six months, either in one or in several visits will not be considered.
· Applications for a Long-Term Fellowship to be held in the laboratory, institute or department in which the candidate worked to obtain his or her PhD, or to work again with the candidate’s supervisor, no matter where the latter is located, will not be considered.
· Candidates who have already started working in the host laboratory can apply only if they have been working in the host laboratory for less than six months at the time the application is complete.
· Candidates can only submit one application for one project at one host laboratory at each round of selection.
Deadline: There are NO APPLICATION DEADLINES for EMBO Long-Term Fellowships.
For more detail about eligibility and how to apply,
Official Scholarship Website: https://applications.embo.org/register.php?reg=S019