The Heinrich Böll Foundation awards some scholarships to international students who gained their university entrance qualification from a school outside of Germany who wish to study a Masters or PhD Degree in Germany.
Host Institution(s): State or state-recognized Universities in Germany
Course Level: Masters/PhD Degree
Subject(s): The scholarships are towards Master’s Degree or PhD Degree in all subjects offered at state or state-recognized universities in Germany.
Grants: Masters Studies: Non-EU students: €850 per month plus various individual allowances; tuition fees are in certain cases possible in Germany. EU students: varies, max. €649 plus €300 book money per month; tuition fees not possible in Germany but possible to a limited extent in other countries. The scholarship is awarded for the regular period of study, may be extended by one semester.
PhD Studies: Non-EU students: €1,200 per month plus €100 mobility allowance per month, plus various individual allowances; tuition fees are not possible. EU students: €1350 per month basic scholarship plus €100 per month research costs allowance; tuition fees are not possible in Germany but possible to a limited extent in other countries.
The scholarship is awarded for two years as a rule, may be extended twice at most by half a year.
Eligibility: International Master Students who earned their university entrance qualification outside Germany:
• You may apply before commencing your Masters programme or at any time up to the end of the first semester of the Masters programme.
• Proof of first professional qualification must be provided
International Doctoral students who earned the university entrance qualification outside Germany:
• The applicant must have been accepted as a doctoral student by a state or state-recognized university in Germany. Proof of admission, as a rule in Germany, must be included with the application.
• By the application date, preliminary work must have been completed and a valid timetable for completion must be submitted.
• PhD subjects related to focal points of the Foundation’s activities will be given priority.
Deadline: 1 March (annual)
For more detail about eligibility and how to apply, Official Scholarship Website: https://www.boell.de/en/foundation/application
SEARCHED BY: Ghazanfar Ali