The Washington Center is proud to offer the Academic Internship Program for an undergraduate student who is enrolled at an accredited college or university. They’ll give their students the guidance and support to succeed.
The Washington Center also will equip you with the knowledge and tools you need to pursue your goals and connect to powerful professional networks. TWC considers recent college graduates and students in master’s level programs on a case-by-case basis.
To be eligible to participate in this program, you must meet the following criteria:
- Be at least 18 years old.
- Be enrolled as an undergraduate student at an accredited college or university.*
- Be a sophomore or above while participating in the program and have completed at least two semesters on campus by the start of our program.
- Maintain a grade point average (GPA) of at least 2.75 on a 4.0 scale.
- Receive academic credit from your college or university for your participation in the program (TWC does not grant credit).
- Have approval from your campus liaison (or a faculty sponsor if there is no TWC liaison on your campus).
Internship Open for International Students: Internship is available for students who are enrolled as an undergraduate student at an accredited college or university. TWC students recurrently make use of the relationships that they developed through their semester or summer in D.C. to improve their career prospects, and many are offered positions directly. They absolutely give confidence in networking while you are here!
Applicants need to submit the following documents along with your application:
- One-page Resume
- Statement of Professional Interest (approx. 100 words)
- Issues Essay (approx. 500 words)
- Official Transcript
- Two Letters of Recommendation
Applicants must include the application documents from to complete the application process through the given link: https://portal.e.twc.edu/
If you’re not quite ready to apply or are interested in learning more about our programs, please submit a Request for Information below.
Internship Application Deadline: Internship application deadline is in summer 2019 for Priority:
- February 20, 2019, or for Regular: March 13, 2019.
- In fall 2019 for Priority: April 17, 2019, OR for Regular: May 15, 2019.