The INIT supported COMSATS Institute of Information Technology, Lahore Campus in convening the All Pakistan DICE – IET Innovation Event on December 15 – 16, 2017. DICE Foundation is pursuing a DICE Program in Pakistan, to foster culture of Innovation and Entrepreneurship in the country and transform Pakistan into an innovation-driven economy.
The event was one of the major initiatives of the DICE Program and is being conducted every year since 2007. The idea behind the event was to motivate academia, industry, government, entrepreneurs and expatriates to come to a common platform to showcase innovations and technologies, share knowledge and further collaborate with each other for the rapid development of innovative products, necessary for the economic development of the country. The event brought research community, academia, industry, entrepreneurs and leading expatriates to a common platform to promote innovative technologies and share contemporary developments in Information Enabling Technologies (IET).
The objectives of the DICE-IET included fostering culture of innovation and entrepreneurship in the country; establishing strong linkages between academia and IET industry; speeding up technology revolution in Pakistan by motivating both academia and industry to acquire, promote and utilize state-of- art technologies/high-tech software for the rapid development of innovative and IET products; and projecting a positive and favorable image of Pakistan IET industry in the eyes of international community. Since a distinct stream of the objectives of event fell under the purview of the objectives of INIT’s IT Popularization and Capacity Building Fund, the INIT therefore supported the event from its IT Capacity Building and Popularization Fund.
- COMSATS Institute of Information Technology, Lahore campus;
2. Distinguished Innovations Collaborations and Entrepreneurship, (DICE), USA; and
- Inter Islamic Network on Information Technology (INIT), Islamabad.
The event was participated by resource persons and participants from Islamic Republic of Pakistan.
- Higher Education Commission (HEC);
- Pakistan Council for Science and Technology (PCST);
- The Islamic Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization (ISESCO);
- British Council;
- Commission on Science and Technology for Sustainable Development in the South (COMSATS);
- Institute of Business Administration (IBA);
- University of Management Sciences (LUMS);
- Institute of Space Technology (IST);
- National University of Sciences and Technology (NUST);
10. Nadir Edulgee Dinshaw University of Engineering and Technology (NEDUET);
11. Small and Medium Enterprises Development Authority (SMEDA);
12. Pakistan Science Foundation (PSF);
13. ICT R&D Fund;
14. University of Gujrat (UOG);
15. Dow University of Health Sciences (DUHS);
16. University of Engineering and Technology;
17. Peshawar (UET-Peshawar);
18. University of Engineering and Technology, Taxila (UET-Taxila);
19. University of Agriculture Faisalabad (UAF); and
20. National Textile University (NTU).
Click here for Program
Click here for pictures