Study of the U.S. Institutes (SUSIs) for Student Leaders are intensive short-term academic programs whose purpose is to provide groups of undergraduate student leaders with a deeper understanding of the United States, while simultaneously enhancing their leadership skills.
SUSI Summer Exchange Program for Pakistani students is designed for Undergraduate Pakistani students enrolled at a university in Pakistan. SUSI offers cultural/academic, a Leadership exchange free study in the USA for Pakistani students through a Short Term cultural exchange program for Pakistani students at a University of Massachusetts, Amherst.
The aim of the SUSI Pakistan Cultural Exchange Program is to promote a mutual understanding between the people of the United States & people of Pakistan. The Pakistani Undergraduate Students will spend approximately 6 Weeks in the United States Under Student Exchange programs in the USA.
All candidates will have a strong interest in public policy, their fields of study might vary and can include disciplines such as Politics, Law, Engineering, Medicine, Science, Biotechnology, Business, Economics, International Development, Management, and others.
All Cost will be funded by the US Department of State. You Don’t Need to Spend a single Penny. Following things will be cover in SUSI 2019 Summer Exchange program.
- Round Airfare Travel Economy Class Tickets.
- VISA Fee.
- Airport Expenses ($150-$175).
- Monthly Stipend Up to $15,00 for the whole Program.
- Meals (Breakfast, Lunch Dinner).
- Full Accommodation.
- All Field Trips inside the US.
- They will Give a Brand New IPAD.
- Mobile Phone for Communication.
- The Pakistani students will also travel to New York City, Boston, Charlottesville, Virginia and Washington, D.C. during a two-week Free tour.
Students will be evaluated on the following characteristics For SUSI US Exchange program
- Students Enrolled in (2nd,3rd,4th,5th,6th,7th) of their 4 Year Bachelor Degree Can Apply
- If you are enrolled in a Four-year bachelor program you can apply if you have at least one semester of study remaining. Final semester students are not eligible to apply.
- Participants must be committed to returning home to complete their degrees.
- Have a strong interest in public policy.
- Be fluent in English.
- Age between 18 and 25 years of age.
- Demonstrate strong leadership qualities.
- Indicate a serious interest in learning about the United States.
- Have demonstrated a commitment to community and extracurricular university activities
- Be mature, responsible, independent, confident, open-minded, tolerant, thoughtful, and inquisitive.
- Willing and able to fully participate in an intensive academic program, community service, and educational travel.
- Be comfortable with campus life, prepared to share living accommodations, and able to make adjustments to cultural and social practices different from those of the home country.
- Interviews: Interviews will take place in late December 2018 OR in the First Week of January at a location specified at a later date or it will be Skype or Telephonic Interview. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- Final Result: The list of finalists and alternates will be announced by approximately mid-March 2019.
- Passport & Visa: Selected participants will need to obtain passports & apply for U.S. visas with the assistance of the Public Affairs Section of the U.S. Embassy. (They will Guide You).
- Travel to the US: Participants will travel to the United States in the Summer of 2019.\
In this context, IO Focal Persons are requested to motivate the students of your Campus to capitalize the opportunity. It is also requested that while applying, please keep International Office in loop. This will help us to follow up the nominations with US Embassy in Islamabad. Thanks.