The Scottish Government, in collaboration with Scottish universities, are offering Scotland’s Saltire Scholarships to citizens of selected countries who wish to study full-time Masters degrees fully delivered in Scottish universities, in the areas of science, technology, creative industries, healthcare and medical sciences, and renewable and clean energy. The scholarships target students who aspire to become influential leaders and who have wide ranging interests outside their studies, as well as a desire to broaden their personal and academic experience in Scotland.
Host Institution(s): Scotland’s higher education institutions
Course Level: Masters Degree
Subject(s): Masters degree in science, technology, creative industries, healthcare and medical sciences, or renewable and clean energy.
Grants: Each award is worth £8000 to be used towards tuition fees for the duration of 1 year of full time study on a postgraduate Masters programme at any of Scotland’s higher education institutions. Any additional costs and expenses are the responsibility of the student.
Eligibility: Nationals of the following countries: Canada, China (including Hong Kong), India, Japan, Pakistan and USA.
- Have a conditional or unconditional offer of a place at a Scottish university on an eligible course. See the official website (link found below) for a list of Scottish universities. But students of the Open University in Scotland are not eligible.
- Be able to demonstrate that they can meet the costs of living in Scotland and the remaining tuition fees.
- Not have previously studied for a full undergraduate degree in Scotland, nor have previously received a Saltire Scholarship.
- Meet the language requirements of the course.
- Complete an application form and submit it by the closing date of 31 July 2020.
- Applicants must demonstrate an interest in studying in Scotland and/or at a specific Scottish university and aspire to work and study in a global context and take a position of leadership in their chosen career. They must also demonstrate willingness and the necessary interpersonal and communication skills required to participate in the programme of activities that accompanies the scholarships.
Deadline: 31 July 2020 (Annual)
For more detail about eligibility and how to apply,
Official Scholarship Website: https://www.scotland.org/study/saltire-scholarships