Research Grants Council (RGC) of Hong Kong is offering the PhD Fellowship Scheme for international students in Hong Kong. More than 250 PhD Fellowships will be awarded for a period of up to three years in the 2020/2021 academic year. These are available for pursuing PhD degree at eight institutions mentioned below. Hong Kong PhD Scheme (HKPFS) aims at attracting the best and brightest candidates in the world to pursue their PhD studies in Hong Kong’s universities. The Research Grants Council (RGC), which was established in 1991, operates under the aegis of the University Grants Committee (UGC) and functions as an advisory body on research matters within the organizational structure of the Committee.
Level of Field: PhD
The award provides an annual stipend of HK$301,200 (approximately US$38,600) and a conference and a research-related travel allowance of HK$12,600 (approximately US$1,600) per year for each awardee for a period up to three years.
· International applicants can apply for this PhD Scheme.
· These are awarded to study any of the courses offered by the City University of Hong Kong; Hong Kong Baptist University; Lingnan University; The Chinese University of Hong Kong; The Hong Kong Institute of Education; The Hong Kong Polytechnic University; The Hong Kong University of Science and Technology; The University of Hong Kong.
· Candidates who are seeking admission as new full-time PhD pupils in the following eight universities, irrespective of their country of origin, prior work experience and ethnic background, should be eligible to apply.
· City University of Hong Kong
· Hong Kong Baptist University
· Lingnan University
· The Chinese University of Hong Kong
· The Education University of Hong Kong
· The Hong Kong Polytechnic University
· The Hong Kong University of Science and Technology
· The University of Hong Kong
Deadline: December 1, 2020
For further details and online apply please click the given below official links: https://cerg1.ugc.edu.hk/hkpfs/index.html https://cerg1.ugc.edu.hk/hkpfs/InitApplication.jsp