The British Council is seeking proposals for the Developing Inclusive and Creative Economies (DICE) Digital R&D Fund to support the development and delivery of 20 co-designed ‘digital experiences’ that contribute to the DICE programme’s mission and ethos.
The Fund will also support the creation of a community of practice across the 20 partnerships to share learning from digital experiences.
Through encouraging new thinking, generosity and horizontal collaborations across disciplines, countries and continents, DICE:
- Cultivates essential connections between artists, entrepreneurs, policymakers, intermediaries, investors, funders and researchers to develop inclusive economic initiatives and systems together.
- Provides development and capacity-building of creative social entrepreneurs and enterprises.
- Creates the space for the co-design of policy and community-led initiatives.
- Strengthens intermediaries, including networks, hubs, incubators and accelerators.
- Shares the important stories of creative social change-makers.
- Explores the underlying processes and power-dynamics that define how they connect, collaborate and create.
Digital experiences should:
- Be delivered between February and May 2021.
- Be designed by, with and/or for groups that are often disadvantaged in the economy, including but not limited to youth, women or people with disabilities.
- Be tailored and produced for specific groups, such as creative social entrepreneurs, artists and policymakers.
- Enable the DICE Digital Partners to enhance and improve their own digital confidence, capabilities and infrastructure.
- Create a genuine connection and camaraderie between the participants.
- The value of each of these grants will range between £7,000 – £15,000.
- Eligibility Criteria
- Organisations that wish to apply must be based in a DICE country (Brazil, Egypt, Indonesia, Pakistan, South Africa and the UK) and must submit their application together with a partner organisation in another DICE country.
How to Apply
- Applications must be made via the British Council Grant Management Portal between 1 and 15 December 2020.
- Applicants must first register on the portal to access the application form — see the Grant Management Portal Applicant Guide, for step-by-step instructions on how to register.
- Then, they must complete the application. Guidance on completing the application is provided in the DICE Digital R&D Fund – Step-by-step Applicants Guide.
- Finally, they must complete a separate budget. The budget must be detailed on the DICE R&D Fund Budget and Activity Timeline Template.
- The application must be received before 23:59 GMT on 15 December 2020.
For more information, please visit https://www.britishcouncil.org/dice-digital-rd-fund.