The Donald A. Wehrung International Studen Award recognizes outstanding international undergraduate students from impoverished or war-torn areas who have achieved academic excellence under difficult circumstances, and who would be unable to attend university without financial assistance.
Course Level: Bachelor’s Degree
Grants: The value of the Award is proportional to your demonstrated financial need and sufficient to cover living expenses and tuition costs for your degree of study.
The Award may be renewed for up to three additional years of undergraduate study or to degree completion – whichever comes first – provided you achieve satisfactory academic standing in your faculty, continue to demonstrate financial need, and maintain your Canadian study permit (student visa).
Subjects: Eligible undergraduate degrees offered by UBC
Eligibility: To be considered for the International Leader of Tomorrow Award:
- You must be an international student who will be studying in Canada on a Canadian study permit.
- You must be entering UBC from a recognized secondary school, or transferring from your first year at a post-secondary college or other university.
- You must have graduated from high school no earlier than the month of June two years prior to the academic year you are applying to. For example, applicants for 2022 must have graduated from high school no earlier than June 2020.
- You must be applying for your first undergraduate degree.
- You must demonstrate superior academic achievement (achieve all as or equivalent standard).
- You must demonstrate a level of financial need that would otherwise prevent you from pursuing a UBC degree.
- You must meet UBC’s admission requirements, including general and degree-specific requirements and the English Language Admission Standard.
Deadline: 1 Dec 2021 (annual)
For further more information please click the given below official link: