COMSATS University Islamabad
Park Road ,ChakShahzad ,Islamabad
Student Affairs Section
No. CUI/ISB/SFAO/GB/ FA-21/188 Dated: October 04, 2021
Subject: UNDERGRADUATE SCHOLARSHIP PROGRAM FOR THE STUDENTS OF GILGIT-BALTISTAN (GB) IN TOP PAKISTANI UNIVERSITIES-INSTITUTIONS .
Applications are invited from outstanding students from Gilgit- Baltistan who intend to pursue undergraduate studies (four/five years BS programmes) from HEC-recognised public sector universities/degree awarding institutions (DAls). The scholarships are being offered for the academic year 2021-22 in all areas of study/disciplines under the project titled, "Undergraduate Scholarship
Programme for the Students of Gilgit-Baltistan in Top Pakistani Universities/Institutions (Batch-l)"
1. The applicants must have domicile/local certificate of Gilgit-Baltistan.
2. The applicants must have completed Secondary School Certificate (SSC) and / or Higher Secondary School Certificate (HSSC) and / or Equivalent however, priority will be given to those students who have passed/completed their SSC/HSSC or Equal from Gilgit-Baltistan.
3. The applicants who are already availing any other scholarship are NOT eligible to apply.
4. Students already enrolled in any BS Program prior to the advertisement maximum one academic year/ session may also apply.
5. The award of scholarships will be made irrespective of the gender, caste, race, and religion.
6. The applicants can apply to any Public Sector university / institution of Pakistan. However, any expenditure over and above the cost given in PC-1 will be borne be the student himself/herself.
- Advertisement in print media and HEC website for inviting the applications of potential candidates.
- HEC Scholarship Aptitude Test shall be arranged by HEC/ETC.Applicants must secure at least 50% marks in the test. Test result will be valid for 01 year.
- Applicants will be short-listed based on Aptitude Test score (conducted by HEC) and Academic Credentials as per following weightage/Formula: SSC 10%, HSSC 40% & Scholarship Aptitude Test 50%
- Applications/particulars of shortlisted candidates would be scrutinized in the light of the defined eligibility criteria.
- Dropped out seats in particular year will be adjusted in next year.
- Scholarships shall be awarded to the students studying/seeking admission for the BS (4 to 5 years) studies in HEC recognized public sector Universities/Degree Awarding Institutions of Pakistan.
- The selected applicants shall secure admissions by themselves in the defined program of study in Pakistan.
- The scholar shall sign an agreement/undertaking before availing the scholarship. The terms and conditions laid down in the agreement/undertaking and award letter shall be the binding for both the parties.
- Final award letters shall be issued after securing the admission and the completion of all required formalities including the legal documents.
How to Apply:.
All students are required to apply through following HEC Online Application System https://eportal.hec.gov.pk.
Last Date of Receipt of Applications: October 25, 2021.
Applicants are advised to check their emails and HEC website regularly for any updates and are required to apply well before the closing date to get assistance in case of any inconvenience. For queries, please visit the following URL:http://onlinehelp.hec.gov.pk/
Student Financial Aid Office (SFAO)
Student Affairs Section, CUI Islamabad