TechWomen empowers, connects and supports the next generation of women leaders in science, technology, engineering and mathematics (STEM) from Africa, Central and South Asia, and the Middle East by providing them the access and opportunity needed to advance their careers, pursue their dreams, and inspire women and girls in their communities. Through mentorship and exchange, TechWomen strengthens participants’ professional capacity, increases mutual understanding between key networks of professionals, and expands girls’ interest in STEM careers by exposing them to female role models.
Course Level: Exchange Program
Level/Field(s) of study: Engineering, Mathematics
Grants: The following costs are covered by the TechWomen program:
· Roundtrip international airfare from participant home country to the United States
· Domestic airfare from San Francisco to Washington, D.C.
· Housing in San Francisco or Sunnyvale, California during the mentorship period
· Meals and incidentals
· Hotel stay in Washington, D.C.
· Public transportation to the participant’s host company
· Local transportation to group program events in the San Francisco Bay Area and Washington, D.C.
Eligibility: Applicants must:
· Be women with, at minimum, two years full-time professional experience in the STEM (science, technology, engineering and math) fields. Please note that internships and other unpaid work experience do not count toward the two-year professional experience requirement.
· Have, at minimum, a bachelor’s degree/four-year university degree or equivalent.
· Be proficient in written and spoken English.
· Not have applied for an immigrant visa to the United States (other than the Diversity Immigrant Visa, also known as the “visa lottery”) in the past five years.
· Not hold U.S. citizenship or be a U.S. legal permanent resident.
Deadline: The application will close on 09:00AM PST (GMT-08:00), Wednesday, January 5, 2022.
Official link: https://www.techwomen.org/participants/eligibility-and-application