In order to strengthen mutual understanding and
friendship between the Chinese people and people from all over the world, and
to develop cooperation and exchanges in fields of politics, economy, culture,
education and trade between China and other countries, Chinese government has
set up a series of scholarship schemes to sponsor international students,
teachers and scholars to undertake studies and researches in Chinese
institutions of higher education. For detailed information about these
scholarships, please visit: http://en.csc.edu.cn/laihua.
CHINESE GOVERNMENT SCHOLARSHIP-UNIVERSITY POSTGRADUATE STUDY PROGRAM
Chinese Government Scholarship-University Postgraduate Study Program, established by the Ministry of Education of China (hereinafter referred to as MOE), is aiming to provide supports to Chinese universities in recruiting excellent international students. The enrollment is directly managed by the Chinese higher institutions under this program. MOE entrusts China Scholarship Council (hereinafter referred to as CSC) to keep the enrollment record and carry out the routine management.
Categories of Applicants and Duration of Scholarship
Categories of Applicants
Duration of Scholarship
Master’s Degree Students
2-3 academic years
Doctor’s Degree Students
3-4 academic years
- In principle, the courses will be taught in Chinese. Scholarship students are required to take one-year Pre-sessional Chinese language course and pass the examinations prior to the major study if their Chinese language level is not qualified. If students take one-year Chinese language course, the duration of the scholarship will be extended for one year.
- Some courses can be taught in English.
- Duration for scholarship specified at the time of admission can NOT be extended in principle.
- Applicants are non-Chinese citizens in good health.
- Applicants are not studying in Chinese universities as degree students at the time of application.
- Applicants for master degree studies must have bachelor’s degree and be under the age of 35.
- Applicants for Doctoral degree studies must have master’s degree and be under the age of 40.
Details of the Scholarship
- Exempt from registration fee, tuition fee, fee for laboratory experiment, fee for internship, fee for basic learning materials;
- Free accommodation on campus (twin room);
- Living allowance;
- One-off settlement subsidy after registration;
- Fee for outpatient medical service, Comprehensive Medical Insurance and Benefit Plan for International Students in China.
1) Costs of the laboratory experiment or internship that beyond the university’s arrangements should be afforded by the student himself.
2) Fee for basic learning materials covers the necessary learning materials prescribed by the host institution, and other materials shall be self afforded.
3) Monthly living allowance is paid to the students by the host institution at the following rates (CNY Yuan per month):
- Master degree students: CNY 1,700 Yuan
- Doctoral degree students: CNY 2,000 Yuan
Scholarship students shall get their monthly living allowance from the date of registration. New students who register before 15th (15th included) of the registration month will get the full amount of the living allowance of that month, and those who register after 15th will get half amount. The graduates will be given a living allowance for another 15 days after the graduation time set by the university. The allowance will be terminated from the next month after students suspend their studies, drop school or complete schooling from the university. Monthly living allowance covers school holidays. Scholarship students who do not get the monthly living allowance during holidays can get that upon return on campus. The allowance will be suspended for one month if students do not register on time without permission from the university in advance, leave for non-health reasons or are absent from the university over a month.
Students who have to suspend their studies because of serious diseases should go back to the home country and pay for the international trip by themselves. With the university’s approval, the scholarship status can be reserved for at most one year, and their living allowances will be suspended at the same time. The scholarship will be terminated for those who suspend their studies for other reasons.
4) New students will get one-off settlement subsidy upon arrival in China.
- CNY 1,000 Yuan for new students who will study in China up to six months
- CNY 1,500 Yuan for new students who will study in China for one academic year or more
5) Fee for outpatient medical service refers to the outpatient expense in the institution’s hospital or the hospitals appointed by the institution. The students should pay for a certain percentage of expense in accordance with the institution’s relevant regulations.
6) Comprehensive Medical Insurance and Benefit Plan for International Students in China is provided by MOE for the scholarship students in China against hospitalizing for serious diseases and accidental injuries. The institutions or the appointed medical assistance agency provide advancement service for insurance expenses, and claim for compensation with relevant payment receipts from the insurance company according to the stipulated insurance articles. The claim of individual student will not be accepted by the insurance company.
7) International travel expenses: self-afforded.
During the application period, which is usually from December of the previous year to April of the application year, applicants please log on the On-Line Application System at http://laihua.csc.edu.cn and apply online. Please be known that the Agency Number of North China Electric Power University is 10079.
The applicants must fill in and provide the following materials truly and correctly (in duplicate).
- Application Form for Chinese Government Scholarship (printed by CSC), filled in Chinese or in English. It can be downloaded from CSC website (www.csc.edu.cn).
- Highest diploma (notarized photocopy). If applicants are university students or already employed, they shall also provide studying certificates or employment documents. Documents in languages other than Chinese or English must be attached with notarized translations in Chinese or English.
- Transcripts (notarized photocopy). Transcripts in languages other than Chinese or English must be attached with notarized translations in Chinese or English.
- A study or research plan in Chinese or in English (no less than 800 words).
- Two letters of recommendation in Chinese or English by professors or associate professors.
- Applicants for music are requested to submit one CD recording of the applicants’ own work. Applicants for fine arts must submit one CD recording of the applicants’ own work (including two sketches, two color paintings and two other works).
- Photocopy of Foreigner Physical Examination Form (printed by Chinese quarantine authority and only for those whose period of studies in China lasts up to six months) filled in English. The medical examinations must cover all the items listed in the Foreigner Physical Examination Form. Incomplete records or those without the signature of the attending physician, the official stamp of the hospital or a sealed photograph of the applicants are invalid. The medical examination results are valid for 6 months. All applicants are kindly requested to take this factor into consideration while determining the time to take the medical examination.
The above materials should directly reach Chinese higher institutions undertaking this program. Individual applications will not be accepted by CSC.
Approval and Notification
- Chinese higher institutions will review the application materials and decide on the list of accepted students.
- Chinese higher institutions are supposed to send photocopies of the application materials including Application Form for Chinese Government Scholarship, highest diploma, and Foreigner Physical Examination Form and List of Accepted Students, Admission Notice and Visa Application Form for Study In China (JW201) to CSC before April 30 of the year.
- CSC will review and file the enrollment results and issue Visa Application Form for Study In China (JW201).
- CSC will send the Final List of Accepted Students, Admission Notice and Visa Application Form for Study In China (JW201) to Chinese higher institutions by July 31 of the year, who will forward the documents to the students.
- Scholarship students’ affairs shall be managed according to relevant regulations of Chinese Government Scholarship. Students are not allowed to change their institutions. In principle, students are not permitted to change their academic programs, or the duration of study specified in the Admission Notice.
For more information, please contact the admission office of the university you applied to for enrollment. Or contact China Scholarship Council:
Tel: 0086-10-66093917 66093918
E-mail: email@example.com firstname.lastname@example.org
Address: Level 13, Building A3, No.9 Chegongzhuang Avenue, Beijing 100044, P. R. China
Please also contact Admission Office of International Education Institute of North China Electric Power University:
Tel: 0086-10-61772074 0086-10-61772040
Address: No. 2 Beinong Road, Changping District, Beijing, 102206, P.R.China