A meeting was held between officials of COMSATS University Islamabad (CUI) and PowerChina on August 31, 2021 in the office of PowerChina, Saudi Pak Tower, Islamabad for mutual collaboration. Following attended the meeting:
- Prof. Dr. Muhammad Abid, Director, CUI, Wah
- Mr. Ali Tawab Baloch, Head International Office, CUI
- Ms. Sadia Haider, SPO, International Office, CUI
- Mr. Yang Jianduo, Chief Representative of Pakistan, PowerChina
- Ms. Li Lianning, Coordinator, PowerChina
The purpose of the meeting was to explore potential areas of collaboration between CUI and PowerChina. CUI and PowerChina mutually agreed to make all efforts for better future research and professional cooperation on following areas:
Student placement program in which internships for senior year students of CUI will be offered by PowerChina.
- Placement of graduates of CUI in PowerChina.
- To engage students of CUI to work on live projects of PowerChina as their final year project so that students may work on real world problems, get trained and provide solutions.
- Collaboration and offer training sessions.
- Involvement of CUI Faculty with PowerChina projects.
Visits of CUI faculty and students to different projects of PowerChina as well as staff of PowerChina visiting campuses of CUI to know each other’s strengths and join hands for long term relations. CUI and PowerChina mutually agreed to make all efforts including signing of an MoU in near future for better future research and professional cooperation.