The Berlin Mathematical School (BMS) is offering international awards for applicants who wish to apply for BMS doctoral program. The BMS is a joint graduate school of the mathematics departments of the three major Berlin universities, TU Berlin, FU Berlin, and HU Berlin.
All international applicants for whom English is not the native tongue must provide proof of competence in the English language.
Level of Field: PhD
· The BMS offers scholarships, both for Phase I and for Phase II students, funded by the German Science Foundation DFG in the framework of the “Excellence Initiative” and by the three Berlin universities.
· The application for a scholarship can be included in the application for admission, there is a special section – no extra application materials are needed.
· Phase I scholarships: Typical Phase I are granted for 18 months (extendable by 6 months), and amount to at least 800 Euro per month, tax-free (no insurances included).
· Phase II scholarships: Phase II opportunities are typically granted for 24 months (extendable by 12 months) and usually amount to about 1468 Euro per month, tax-free (no insurances included). There are extra child-care funds reserved for BMS-students who take care of children.
The following criteria must be met in order for applicants to be eligible for the opportunity
· Students entering Phase I of the BMS are expected to have a bachelor degree or equivalent. (Thus, in particular, Berlin mathematics students in their “Hauptstudium” can apply for membership in BMS. For students who are further advanced, part of the Phase I course requirements may be waived.)
· For entering Phase II, students are expected to have a master degree or to pass the BMS Qualifying Exams. (In particular, they thus satisfy the regular admission requirements of the Berlin universities’ PhD programs.)
· Citizens of all nationalities are eligible to apply.
Deadline: The first round application deadline is 1 December 2020 The second-round application deadline is 1 April 2021
For further details please click the given below university official link: https://www.math-berlin.de/application