With a view to enhance educational cooperation between China and Pakistan the Chinese Scholarship Council Govt. of China is offering Pakistani students/scholars to study and conduct research in Chinese universities.
China Scholarship Council (CSC), entrusted by the Ministry of Education of People's Republic of China, is responsible for the enrollment and the administration of Chinese Government Scholarship programs.
Now 289 designated Chinese universities offer a wide variety of academic programs in Science, Engineering, Agriculture, Medicine, Economics, Legal studies, Management, Education, History, Literature, Philosophy and Fine arts for scholarship recipients at all levels.
Course Level: Undergraduate /PhD Degree
Subject(s): Chinese Government Scholarship programs sponsor International students, teachers and scholars to undertake degree studies (Undergraduate, Master's & PhD) and Chinese language study or academic research in institutions of higher education in China.
Chinese Government Scholarship covers both major study and Chinese language (preparatory) study. The table below illustrates the duration of each program.
Supporting Categories Major Study (including preparatory years) ( year) Chinese Language (preparatory study year)
Undergraduate students 4-5 1-2
Master's students 2-3 1-2
Doctoral students 3-4 1-2
Tuition waiver: Tuition funds will be comprehensively used by the host university. It may cover scholarship students' education, administration costs and expenditures to support student activities.
Accommodation: free university dormitory or accommodation subsidy.
Chinese Government Scholarship for the Year 2020-2021
· Undergraduate students: CNY 2,500 per month;
· Master's students/general scholars: CNY 3,000 per month;
· Doctoral students/senior scholars: CNY 3,500 per month.
Travel expenditure would be borne by the scholarship winners themselves. HEC will have no financial responsibility.
Basic requirements are as follow:
· Applicant must be citizen of Pakistan/AJK
· Must contain 12 years of schooling (FA/ Fsc or equivalent A-level) under the age of 25 years for undergraduate programs
· Must be a bachelor's degree holder under the age of 35 years for master's programs
· Must be a master's degree holder under the age of 40 years for doctoral programs
· No manual or incomplete applications on e-portal will be entertained. All applicants must apply online on HEC portal and in Chinese Universities.
· HEC will shortlist eligible applicants on the basis of merit & the number of scholarship slots allocated for Pakistani students.
· In case of submitting false information at any stage, HEC reserves the rights to cancel and debar for all future scholarships as well as impose penalty, as decided by HEC.
· Only apply online before the deadline of 5th January 2020, DO NOT send hardcopies of application forms or any other documents to HEC at this stage of application process.
· It is the sole responsibility of student(s) applying for any professional degree (viz. Medical, Engineering, Agriculture etc.) to first get confirmed its accreditation from the respective Councils i.e. Pakistan Engineering Council (PEC), Pakistan Medical & Dental Council (PMDC), Agriculture Council, & Nursing Council etc.
Deadline: 5 January, 2020
For more detail about eligibility and how to apply:- Click here link