It is for your kind information that HEC has announced Batch-III of the project titled "Provision of Higher Education Opportunities for the students of Balochistan & FATA (Phase-II)" for Postgraduate studies in all disciplines.
Applications are invited from outstanding students from Balochistan and erstwhile FATA who intend to pursue postgraduate studies (MS/M.Phil Program) from HEC recognized local Universities/Degree Awarding Institutions (DAIs). The Scholarships are being offered for the academic year 2019-20 in all areas of studies/disciplines under the project entitled "Provision of Higher Education Opportunities for the Students of Balochistan and FATA (Phase-II)".
- Applicants must possess local /Domicile Certificate from Balochistan/erstwhile FATA
- Applicants must have completed 16 years of education with at least 60% marks.
- Maximum age is 35 years as on closing date.
- Applicants must have acquired the requisite academic qualification on or before the closing date.
- The applicants who are already availing any other HEC /Government Scholarship are NOT eligible to apply.
- Applicants will have to meet HEC and University eligibility criteria for admission in MS/MPhil programs.
- Tuition Fee and other charges (including Hostel Fee)-maximum Rs.60000/ per Semester4.
- Living Allowance of Rs.9000/- per month with an annual increment of Rs.500/- for 2nd year.
- Book Allowance of Rs.6000/- per annum.
- Travelling Allowance of Rs.5000/- per annum.
- Initial Settlement Allowance of Rs.10000/- once.
- Scholarship will be awarded on merit and District /Agency Quota.
- Applicants will be shortlisted on the basis of Aptitude Test (conducted by HEC) and academic credentials.
- Applicants have to secure at least 50% marks in the test.
- The Scholarship distribution ration for students of balochistan and FATA is 50:50.
- For further details, please visit http://hec.gov.pk/site/phobf
How to Apply:
i. Applicants are required to submit application online through http:/hec.gov.pk/site/phobf
ii. HEC reserves the right to postpone or cancel the scholarship process at any stage without assigning any reason.
iii. Application in hard form will not be entertained.
Last Date to Apply?
Last date for submission of online application form is Monday-August 5, 2019
The applicants are advised to check their emails as well as HEC website regularly for any updates and are required to apply well before the closing date to get assistance in case of any inconvenience.
For any assistance please visit HEC Secretariat in Islamabad or HEC Regional Centers in Quetta and Peshawar.
Student Financial Aid Office (SFAO)
Student Affairs Section, CUI Islamabad