A meeting of the German Alumni Association of CIIT (GAAC) was held at the Abbottabad Campus of CIIT on 23rd June 2012. The meeting was chaired by Prof. Dr. Khan Gul Jadoon, Director CIIT Abbottabad and was attended by German Alumni from the Islamabad, Lahore, Sahiwal, Wah and Abbottabad Campuses.
The main agenda of the meeting was to discuss how the GAAC could be organized and made more active and effective for the growth of CIIT. The Alumni participated enthusiastically in the discussion and put forth various ideas to increase the interaction and flow of information among the Alumni in different campuses of CIIT for planning and undertaking joint seminars, research projects and publications with their Alma Maters.
In the elections held during the meeting, the following office bearers of the German Alumni Association of CIIT (GAAC) were elected for a term of one year:
- Dr. Rehana Rasheed (CIIT Abbottabad)
- Dr. Mazhar Amjad Gilani (CIIT Lahore)
- Dr. Jamshed Iqbal (CIIT Abbottabad)
- Ms. Fasiha Subhan (CIIT Wah)
- Dr. Muhammad Abid (CIIT Sahiwal)
- Dr. Saadia Naseem (CIIT Islamabad)
- Dr. Tazeen Athar (CIIT Islamabad)- FP
- Dr. Ahson Jabbar Shaikh (CIIT Abbottabad)-FP
- Dr. Zafar Iqbal (CIIT Abbottabad
- Dr. Ramzan Talib (CIIT Lahore)
- Dr. Sarfraz Ahmad (CIIT Lahore)- FP
- Mr. Dilruba Siddiqui (CIIT Sahiwal)-FP
- Mr. Atif Ameen (CIIT Wah)-FP
In his closing remarks, Director CIIT Abbottabad Campus congratulated the newly elected members and expressed his confidence that when the progress is reviewed after a year there will be many success stories to share. He also expressed the hope that their success would motivate more Alumni to be active and also inspire others to make similar efforts for the growth of CIIT.