I did my M. Phil (Physics) in 1980 from Quaid-e-Azam University, Islamabad Pakistan. I started my carrier as lecturer in physics in Govt. College Asghar Mall Rawalpindi and served for five years.
I joined Pakistan Council of Renewable Energy Technologies in 1982 and extended my service as senior scientist for 20 years in the field of solar cell fabrication, thin films etc. During this service I had an extensive training and research (local and abroad) in the field of semiconductors. I was pioneer in Pakistan to start Silicon solar cell fabrication.
PRESENT ACHIVEMENTS AT CIIT
I joined department of Physics, COMSATS Institute of Information Technology in 2002. During my stay as Assistant Professor for 8 years and then as advisor for 6 years, as teacher and researcher, I maintained an excellent record within a diversified range of work and is an indicative of my success in CIIT. As a researcher I have more than 50 research papers in journals, international and national conferences in the field of solar cells and nano-sensors. As a teacher to undergraduate physics students I taught verity of physics and electronics subjects and supervised numerous research and development final year projects for MS and BS students.
Owning to my vast experience of research and development I have developed Physics/ Electronic undergraduate labs and semiconductor research labs in physics department at CIIT.
SOME SELECTED RESEARCH PAPERS
• Design and Analysis of Functional Multiwalled Carbon Nanotubes for Infrared Sensors
Afrin, N.A. Shah, M. Abbas, M. Amin, Sensors and Actuators A 203 (2013) 142– 148
• Defect induced ferromagnetism in carbon-doped ZnO thin films, Sadaf Akbar, S.K. Hasanain, Manzar Abbas, S. Ozcan, B. Ali, S. Ismat Shah, Solid State Communications 151 (2011) 17–20.
• Germanium Quantum Dot Sensitized TiO2 Solar Cells, M. Abbas, B. Ali, S. I. Shah and P. Akhter, Key Engineering Materials, Vol. 442 (2010) p-404-414.
• Evidence of a Simple Cubic Phase in Electron Beam Vacuum Evaporated Indium – Oxide on glass Substrate, M. Abbas, I. A. Qazi, M. Masaood and A. Majeed, J. Vac. Sci. Tech. A 13(1) 151 1995
SOME SELECTED FOREIGN TRAININGS
• Installation & Operation of two High Vacuum Coating Systems (heat resistive and elecron beam type) from Leybold Heraeus Hanau, Germany: 1984.
• One year Training & Research under the Program of International Center for Theoretical Physics, for R and D in Italian laboratories: 1989-1990 Turin Italy.
• Training in Photovoltics (Silicon Solar Cells) at Tingian Institute of Power sources, (TIPS) Tinjian China for two weeks in 2000.
44000, COMSATS University,
Park Road, Chak Shahzad,