President’s Programme for Care of Highly Qualified Overseas Pakistanis (PPQP)
This program is launched by the National Talent Pool, Ministry of Federal Education and Professional Training to address the ill-effects of brain drain and prevalent worldwide recession, through developing skilled human capital for Pakistan. Short term or long term visits to Pakistan of Highly Qualified Pakistanis positioned abroad through TOKTEN, VEPCON augmented by PSD Program titled since 2009 “President’s Programme for Care of Highly Qualified Overseas Pakistanis (PPQP)”.
Objectives / Benefits:
- Specialized lectures, seminars/workshops/ symposia and training courses in Host Organization.
- Initiating new or participating in an on-going research or developing projects in deficient area institutions
- Realization of a practical project, such as establishing a laboratory, setting up a production line or selecting and installing equipment
- Advice on policy issues and technical matters to implement top priority sector programmes
Duration of Stay & Financial Emoluments:
Under the said program, the duration is from minimum 2 weeks to 36 weeks, and consultant will be provided the most direct economy class return air ticket, Daily Subsistence Allowance (DSA) and local hospitality.
- Request is to be made through the Head of the Department and Director of the concerned campus on the prescribed application form along with a detailed resume of the scholar and day to day activity plan.
- Application should be submitted to International Office at least three months prior to the intended arrival of the scholar.
- Application will be received and processed on rolling basis i.e. there is no dead line for the submission of application.
For further details please visit the website: http://moent.gov.pk/
Mr. Muhammad Abbas Baloch
Senior Program Officer,
International Office, CU, Islamabad