Australia Awards Scholarships, formerly known as Australian Development Scholarships (ADS), provide opportunities for people from developing countries, particularly those countries located in the Indo-Pacific region, to undertake full time undergraduate or postgraduate study at participating Australian universities and Technical and Further Education (TAFE) institutions.
Course Level: Bachelors/Masters/PhD Degrees.
Subject(s): Undergraduate or Postgraduate programmes that are related to your country’s priority areas for development which are listed on the participating country profiles.
The scholarship benefits generally include: full tuition fees, return air travel, establishment allowance, contribution to living expenses (CLE), Overseas Student Health Cover (OSHC), Introductory Academic Program (IAP), Pre-course English (PCE) fees, etc.
Eligibility: To be eligible to receive a Scholarship, applicants must:
- be a minimum of 18 years of age at the time of commencing the Scholarship
- be a citizen of a participating country (as listed on the Australia Awards website) and be residing in and applying for the scholarship from their country of citizenship
- not be applying for another long-term Australia Award unless they have resided outside of Australia for twice the length of the total time that they were in Australia
- have satisfied any specific criteria established by the Program Area or the government of the applicant’s country of citizenship (e.g. having worked a certain number of years in an appropriate sector)
- be able to satisfy the admission requirements of the institution at which the award is to be undertaken
- be able to satisfy all requirements of the Department of Immigration and Border Protection to hold a Student Visa.
- Applicants must inform the Program Area of any connection or relationship to staff employed at Program Areas or with managing contractors so that the application may be properly and transparently managed.
Read the complete eligibility criteria in the Australia Awards Policy Handbook (PDF)
Deadline: 30 Apr 2018 (annual)
For more detail about eligibility and how to apply, please