A delegation from the following Chinese universities visited CIIT on 27 April, 2018 with the aim to explore avenues of collaboration in the field of engineering education:
- Wei Zhang and Prof. Sunya Wang, Tsinghua University, Beijing
- Guangyu Chen, Tongji University, Shanghai
- Xuedong Liang, Sichuan University, Chengdu
- Wenming YANG, Tianjin University, Tianjin
- Chao WANG, Beijing University of Technology
- Prof Shulinm Zhang, University of S & T of China, Hefei; and
- Lei WANG and Mr. Chaozhu WANG from China Civil Engineering Construction Corporation (CCEC).
Delegation was warmly welcomed by Dr. Arshad S Malik, Head International Office and Professor Dr. Junaid Mughal, Chairman Electrical Engineering. After brief welcoming remarks by Dr. Malik and brief introductions by the attendees, Dr. Fasih Butt then took the occasion to highlight the achievements of CIIT through a brief presentation. Subsequently, Prof. Dr. Junaid Mughal, Chairman & Head Department of Electrical Engineering, CIIT, Islamabad and his team expressed the desire that CIIT is extremely keen to foster closer ties with the Chinese higher education Institutions and research organizations.
The Chinese side appreciated the response of the CIIT for their keen interest in collaboration with the Chinese universities. On the request of Dr. Malik, Professor Wei Zhang from Tsinghua University promised to prepare a draft framework and an outline of the way forward for collaboration between CIIT and the visiting Chinese universities soon and share it with the International Office. The delegation then moved outside for a group photograph and exchange of souvenirs.
Click here for pictures