The Lakshmi Mittal South Asia Institute, Harvard University (SAI) Second Annual Crossroads Program is a fully-funded career development opportunity for students from the Indian subcontinent, the Middle East, and Africa, who are the first in their families to attend college and may also be facing challenging financial and social circumstances.
The 2018 program will run from September 23 – 28, 2018 at the DIFC Academy of the Dubai International Financial Centre (Dubai, UAE). Leading Harvard faculty will teach an intensive, multidisciplinary four-day curriculum in Dubai, for accomplished, motivated youth.
This program is a collaboration between the Lakshmi Mittal South Asia Institute, Harvard University, Harvard Business School Club of the Gulf Cooperation Council (GCC), the Dubai International Financial Centre, with the support of Air Arabia, the Carlton Hotel, Dubai Future Accelerators, and Emirates Grand Hotel.
- Class size: up to 60 students
- 150 candidates will be shortlisted. Short listed candidates will be asked to submit a 2 minute video sharing their leadership experience and why they should be considered for the program.
- Location: Dubai International Financial Centre, Dubai
- Cost: FREE(The program will cover the costs of international travel, board, lodging and class materials. Visa costs are the responsibility of selected candidates.)
- Questions: Write to email@example.com
- Tarun Khannais the Jorge Paulo Lemann Professor at the Harvard Business School and Director, the Lakshmi Mittal South Asia Institute, Harvard University.
- Karim R. Lakhaniis Professor of Business Administration at the Harvard Business School, the Principal Investigator of the Crowd Innovation Lab and NASA Tournament Lab at the Harvard Institute for Quantitative Social Science and the faculty co-founder of the Harvard Business School Digital Initiative.
- Holder of a valid passport.
- The first member of a family—or the first generation within a family—to attend college
- Demonstrate financial need
- Currently enrolled undergraduate,
- Fluency in English
- Currently studying in 4th Semester or above and must have 3.5 or above CGPA.
- Copy of Passport
- Academic transcript* official or unofficial document showing the students grades.
- A personal statement of 600 words or less describing why you are applying for this program* Documents must be in English, double-spaced, and in 12-point size font.
- Two letters of recommendation. Letters should offer insight into the students academic achievements and their ability to take on challenges.
For more information please visit: https://southasiainstitute.harvard.edu/crossroads/