Oric Mission/Vision/Slogan Statements
At ORIC, CIIT our mission is to promote a vibrant, innovative, and entrepreneurial environment for researchers to conduct quality research with an aim to grow knowledge economy for the benefit of the society as a whole. We will strengthen our university-industry linkages and form collaborative ventures with the corporate community to bring university inventions and innovations to the market and continuously improve our curricula for meeting corporate needs. We seek to develop strong and long-term bonds with policy making and research funding agencies to support our research, development, and commercialization incentives. Through our business incubation programs we will promote entrepreneurship amongst our faculty and students so they can bring their ideas to the market. In doing so, we will strictly adhere to our core values of academic freedom, professional integrity, and ethical conduct thus raising CIIT to be ranked amongst the best research institutions.
To be a top ranked University in terms of research productivity and achieving excellence in permeating the University’s research in terms of market suitability and society’s requirements.
“Creating endless opportunities by transforming research into prosperity”
Purpose (outlined by HEC)
The purpose of the Office of Research, Innovation and Commercialization (ORIC) is to develop, expand, enhance and manage the university’s research programs and to link research activities directly to the educational, social and economic priorities of the university and its broader community. The ORIC is also responsible for assuring that the quality of research reflects the highest international standards and advances the stature of the university among the world’s best research institutions.
In pursuit of this mission the ORIC has the responsibility of guaranteeing that all research programs and policies reflect the core values of academic freedom, professional integrity and ethical conduct and full compliance with all policies, legal requirements and operational standards of the university.
Goals (outlined by HEC)
The ORIC seeks to enhance the environment for all research and scholarship by:
- Supporting the university’s strategic research directions and policies
- Increasing and diversifying external research funding
- Improving recruitment and retention of top faculty
- Improving integration of research and education at all levels of the university
- Improving translation of research into public benefit
- Strengthening university-industry relationships
- Promoting entrepreneurship, technology-transfer and commercialization activities that energize and support the local and national economy
- Promoting and enhancing cross-cutting and multi-disciplinary research initiatives