COMSATS Institute of Information Technology is a well-known seat of higher learning in Pakistan. Its mission is investing in the personal, academic and professional growth of students. The investment in students requires a financial partnership between the university and students. CIIT as an organization believes that no one should be deprived of getting education merely on the grounds of inability to pay. CIIT launched its financial support program to facilitate the needy/deserving students. To implement this, an office is established at each campus by the name of Financial Aid Office under the banner of Office of Development. The Students Financial Aid Office of Development. The Students Financial Aid Office will provide an opportunity for talented students who are financially incapable of meeting costs of education at CIIT. It will also improve access to higher education, especially to those who are from far flung areas of Pakistan. Various Scholarships/financial assistance schemes are provided under the banner of Financial Aid Office.
Shahbaz Sharif Merit Scholarship (SSMS) For Spring-18 Intake
We are pleased to announce Shahbaz Sharif Merit Scholarship (SSMS) for Spring - 2018 Intake
These scholarships will be offered to students fulfilling the criteria given below
- Punjab Domicile.
- Pakistani Citizen.
- Students enrolled in Spring 2018 Session only.
- Secured admission as a full time student in any Master level program in the Spring-2018 semester.
- Secured at least 60% marks or a minimum CGPA 2.5 in BA/ B.Sc./ B.Com/ BS/ BBA etc. examination held in 2015, 2016 or 2017 (annual).
- Parents Monthly Income (from all sources) is equal to or less than Rs. 75,000/- for SSMS.
- Parents Monthly Income (from all sources) is equal to or less than Rs. 30,000/- for PEEF.
- Children of Govt. employees in BPS 1-4 are exempted from condition of income, if salary is only source of income.
- Not availing any other scholarship during the current academic year.
- The student must qualify the merit and financial need criteria.
Last Date to Send Short Listed Nominations to Registrar Office Principal Seat is Friday 04thMay, 2018.
No form will be entertained after the due date. In case of no response, nil report will be considered.
Download the forms from the links given below
Form and Eligibility Criteria SSMS, 2017-18
Shahbaz Sharif Merit Scholarship Announcement for the Year 2017 -18
Worker Welfare Fund
These scholarships are for talented children of industrial workers. These Scholarships are also awarded to those workers who intend to improve their educational qualification/skills.
Punjab Educational Endowment Fund (PEEF) Scholarships
To be eligible for this scholarship the student must have:-
- Passed HSSC/Equivalent in first annual.
- Secured at least 60% marks in the above mentioned examination.
- Last Degree must be passed from any government institution.
- Secured admission in a regular educational institution as a full time student in the current academic year.
- Monthly income of parents/guardian (from all sources) of Rs. 30,000/- or less.
- Must have domicile of the Punjab province.
- Not availing any other educational scholarship during the respective academic year.
For further details, please visit PEEF website link www.peef.org.pk
HEC Need Based Scholarship
Provides fully funded scholarships for study at undergraduate & graduate level in all disciplines provides expenses and University Fee plus stipend.
PM's Program for FATA and GB
Tuition Fee Payment Scheme): This scheme envisages that students from Baluchistan, Gilgit-Baltistan and FATA will be provided tuition fee by the federal government. Offer Scholarships for PhD students of Baluchistan, Gilgit-Baltistan and FATA.
Qarz-e-Hasna is an interest free loan for the students of CIIT.
Merit scholarship for postgraduate and undergraduate talented/deserving students, Registered with the Engineering Universities/Institutions of Pakistan
for Masters and Bachelor Engineering. Sons/Daughters of engineers registered with PEC. Applications are invited yearly by PEC.
Provides financial support for employees of Federal Government. Scheme includes stipend for Bachelors and Masters level students.
ICT R&D Scholarship
Provides fully funded 4 years’ undergraduate degree. From rural/non-metropolitan areas of Pakistan. Objective is to develop human resource capacity in the fields of Information and Communication Technologies(ICT) in Pakistan.
Fauji Foundation Scholarship
Fauji Foundation is the Scholarship for Excellence for Wards of Armed Forces employees. Applications can be downloaded online.
HEC-French Needs Based Scholarship
Provides undergraduate & graduate level scholarships. The deserving students can get scholarships application form available at Financial Aid Office(FAO) or can be downloaded from the respective website of the universities. The scholarships form is submitted along with supporting documents only at FAO office. Students who are enrolled in first professional year in the course are eligible to apply.
Provides certain amount of financial assistance to walk in needy students of CIIT.
When two or more siblings are concurrently students of CIIT the siblings will be financially supported. A financial support of up to Rs.8000/- per Semester will be provided to all the siblings provided the parents cannot afford to pay the fee and the students show good academics performance. Such cases will be decided by the financial Support program committee (FSPC) at respective Campus.
Merit Based Award Scholarship
Students who demonstrate academic excellence by achieving outstanding position (First Three) at the end of the semester in each degree program on a Campus shall be awarded merit certificates.
For any query contact:
Program Officer - SFAO Office
Department of Student Affairs & CDC / Student Center,
Ground Floor, Faculty Block 2,
COMSATS Institute of Information Technology, Islamabad
Ph: 051-90495369, 05190495052